Courage | Teen Ink

Courage

By Elisha Buckingham SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Elisha Buckingham SILVER, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

All I got to say is that I love you, but I just got to protect my heart, cause its hard to trust someone whose hardly ever there, with something thats always been here. So I must continue on...
Courage? a word to describe ones true soul. A word I use to describe an act in which 1 must practice, an act in which 1 turns something ugly into a work of art. Courage... is not just over coming your fears, Courage...
Courage is accepting your fears, as your fears, and moving past them.. knowing that your outcome isn't a promise of success, but having the willingness to make that choice, consciously. Much harder than it seems. Your consense can benefit you, but it can also break you.
Your mind is a wonderful but dangerous thing. It can play tricks on you, and confuse you.. unless you understand that the reward is not in the destination, but in the journey itself.

I wrote this piece when I was having trouble trusting myself. I knew everything that could wrong would, but I had discovered within myself the courage to try anyway, and I learned alot from my expereince.