My Girlfriend | Teen Ink

My Girlfriend

By AnnahE SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
AnnahE SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

My girlfriend has eyes like dark chocolate. Deep and full of adventure, they yearn for more. Gazing into them one could get lost in their mystery. Glints of light like glitter highlight their delicate lines. Like strands of embroidery thread crafted them by hand.
Each detail pulls you in further. Like a flowing river the intricate lines define the highs and lows. Cute, curly lashes frame the brown hue of her iris. Eyes that collect her surroundings like a telescope intently staring at a distant world. Warm, sweet and soothing like coffee with a bit of cream and sugar mixed in drank on a brisk morning walk. Her eyes are their own person. They express what she cannot say. Pupils widen as her gentle eyelids close like a curtain before a stolen kiss late at night. Affectionate and full of passion. Brown like the bark of a great sequoia tree standing tall and proud. If only her eyes could speak, they’d reveal the wisdom of a thousand kings. Luminous like a lone lightbulb shining through the purple-black night.
Elle K., the girl with the beautiful eyes. The perfect girl for this tired girl.