Best Friends | Teen Ink

Best Friends

September 11, 2018
By AmandaCrybaby BRONZE, Gowanda, New York
AmandaCrybaby BRONZE, Gowanda, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Mess with me, I'll let karma do it's job. Mess with my family? I become karma"


Besties.

Gotta love 'em, right?

Of course.

They're always there for you, right?

Well...

You can go to them with anything?

No exactly...

I love them like family, don't get me wrong-

But it seems everytime I open my mouth around them, unless I'm talking bubbly and funny I'm just being overdramatic and I know things could be so much worse.

They pretend to have my back no matter what, always there, never betray me and tell me everything.

And yet I recently found out that my bestfriend/crush was dating my brother.

Guess that was short lived.

It shouldn't bother me. No, it doesn't bother me. I'm over it.

When I thought about switching schools, they were mad at me. And when I defended myself they severed ties with me until I apologized. "Ones best interest I suppose".

It shouldn't bother me. No, it doesn't bother me. I'm over it.

What about the thousands of times I was upset with my stepdad? I was simply reminded that it could be worse and that a lot of people would kill to have my position.

It shouldn't bother me. No, it doesn't bother me. I'm over it.

 

But the fact of the matter is it does bother me.

It hursts that the people that I thought I could count on no matter what will throw me out the minute we argue or dissagree.

It hurts that I will be the next "b*tchy backstabber" the second I have an opinion instead of staying in line.

It shouldn't bother me.

It doesn't.

I'm broken.


The author's comments:

Speaking the truth and my mind about how my friends treat me.