Futbol vs Football | Teen Ink

Futbol vs Football

Futbol, or better known as soccer in America, is a sport of skill. Don't get me wrong I know football is a sport of skill as well, but lets look at the facts. 

In soccer people do get injuries, but in football injuries are way more easy to get even though the players wear protective gear. I have seen this injuries take place live and it's not pretty, and that's just in seventh and eigth grade varsity football. I was a cheerleader, and the ball came soaring towards us, a moment later there would be a pile of guys all on top of each other fighting for a ball. That season we had atleast four of our best players sitting on the sidelines with a pair of crutches or a cast on their arm. 

In soccer on the other hand, it isnt as rough, things are taken more calmly. Yes, sure people trip once and a while but the injuries are rarely so serious, you might get a scratch here or there. 

Personally, i would rather watch soccer for the rest of my life rather than football. Why? Well lets just say one day i decided to watch a football game because if a certain team won we would get extra credit or something like that. The game was Eagles versing the Cowboys that November night I sat and watched the game on my warm bed and commercials get flying at me after ever play or two. I was extremely frustrated. In soccer, however, you watch for 45 minutes, watch replays of the first half, watch some commercials then watch the other 45 minutes of the game. 

Soccer is fun to watch because when your watching you get this rising feeling inside of you when your team is about to score. You see goalies blocking shots and when your team scores a goal there is much rejoicing. Football is O.K too but it's so much easier in a way to get a touchdown than it is to score a goal. 

Both sports require skill, yeah, but in reality I prefer to play a match of soccer with my friends or team because you don't need to know how to throw a ball across a field. Soccer is a sport for a person of any age, it's a fair played game, and simple enough to understand. For one thing it's also a safer game to play.