Let Kids Lift Weight! | Teen Ink

Let Kids Lift Weight!

May 26, 2014
By Anonymous

Let kids lift weights!

Do you want your kids to be healthy? Do you want your kids to be able to defend against bullies? Did you know that lifting weights can make people happy? Kids should be allowed to lift weights to build muscles, for self defense, and to live a healthy life.

If you walk by a bully and they see that you have big biceps I don’t think they are going to mess with you. If you are not the bully and not victim then you can help others make sure the bullies stay away from the victims. Kids with muscles can be tough to beat in arm wrestling. At my school arm wrestling is a popular thing to do. If you are always winning and protecting others you could become more popular.

When you are home alone and someone tries to break into your house you could defend yourself until someone shows up to help. This would help you stay safe and keep your property safe. According to Doce Pares, a martial arts academy, “ ...to stop an attacker so that escaping is feasible is the number one thing…”

On the website kidshealth they said,”...if you’re fit your body works well, feel good,and can do all the things you want to do …”
The website bodybuilding explained, “...a Harvard study once said that ten weeks of strength training reduced clinical depression symptoms more successfully than counseling.”

Kids should be able to lift weights in PE because it can make you healthy, it helps you to build muscles, and it allows you to use self defense. Being healthy, having muscles, and being able to defend yourself gives kids more confidence.

You take away their weights, you take away their confidence!














Do you want your kid to be the victim or the hero?
You decide!