H20, Water Whatever You Call It, Students Need | Teen Ink

H20, Water Whatever You Call It, Students Need

March 14, 2012
By NoahFountain BRONZE, Three Rivers, Michigan
NoahFountain BRONZE, Three Rivers, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Give Me Liberty,Or Give Me Death.-Patrick Henry,1775


May I get a drink of water, Mr. Kline? You have probably asked your teachers that question hundreds of times, and most of them tell you to wait till the bell rings. And because you don't have a water bottle you'll have to listen to them. Having a water bottle will keep you from not having to wait. Therefore, students should have water bottles because it helps them focus and would keep them from disrupting class.

In fact, having water bottles can help students stay focused. Students would be spending more time on listening and doing work than complaining/thinking about their throat being dry and them being thirsty. Plus, they can't complain about not having one, because its their own mistake for not bringing one in the first place. Teachers could always put rules on it also. It could be saying not to make much noise with them on purpose, because you have to admit that kids will make noise with them, they can't help it. It's natural. All in all, having water bottles can help students learn a lot better.

In addition, having water bottles would keep students from disrupting class. Students have always asked to go get a drink of water, having a water bottle would prevent that from happening. All together, it would help not just the student but, it would help his/hers peers and the teacher. It can help class move a lot smoother. In conclusion, having a water bottle can also help classes run a lot easier.

However, students could get distracted from the water bottles. Yet, its the other students own mistake for not bringing one, when allowed. Lets face it, if you give the students that privilege, most will obey it. And yes, some kids will break the rules but you have to give them that feel of responsibility, it can help them grow up. In summary, students should be able to have water bottles in class.

So, students should be able to have water bottles because it can help them focus and keep them from disrupting class. As previously stated, having a water bottle can help students focus and keep them from disrupting class. Though some might say that water bottles can be a distraction, yet if you let the students have that privilege, most will use/respect it, you just have to give them a chance. So, then most of the students will have a bottle, keeping them from being distracted from others. While you may have your own opinions about this topic, consider the benefits of letting students have water bottles before you write it off completely.


The author's comments:
I had to write a argument essay, and I chose to write it about how students should be able to bring water bottles to class.-Stay Cool My Friends