The Beautiful Game | Teen Ink

The Beautiful Game

October 28, 2021
By HenSardine BRONZE, Fillmore, New York
HenSardine BRONZE, Fillmore, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Football. It’s different from any other sport. Most sports are played with your hands or a racket. Football is played with your feet. Most sports are played in one country. Football is played world wide. It is called the beautiful game for a reason. It is played with your feet and in order to truly be a good player you need to have skill like no other.

One example of great skill is Lionel Messi. He has mastered every aspect of the game. But the spectacular thing about Messi is his ability to keep possession of the ball. His touch on the ball gives him the ability to weave through defenders with ease. There are many times where you can see he gets swamped with defenders and yet he still seems to be able to keep possession of the ball. And if he can’t keep possession then he is able to deliver a good pass to one of his teammates. Everything about Messi is just spectacular. He mastered his touch on the ball, his shots, his headers, and his passing. The way Messi plays is just the definition of the beautiful game.

Football has also been a source of inspiration and hope for many people. For example, Pele was one of the greatest soccer players of all time. Some consider him the single greatest ever. And yet you look at where he came and you would be surprised. He came from a poor family and in order to play soccer he had to play with grapefruits and socks stuffed with paper. And yet he grew up to be one of the greats. This gave hope to many people. Pele was seen as the light at the end of the tunnel. He used football to show that there is hope no matter where you came from. He provided hope with football.

In conclusion the beautiful game is called the beautiful game because of the actual skill it takes to play the game and the emotion that goes into it. It is beautiful to watch and is a source of inspiration and hope. For some people football is a matter of life and death but for those who truly love the sport, it is more than that.