Road to Success | Teen Ink

Road to Success

By Ethanhughes1221 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Ethanhughes1221 BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

Don’t let your dreams be dreams
You only live once, Dream on
Was made to change the world
Don’t take the easiest way out
Life is bigger than 6 words
They said: “It’s impossible, It wasn’t

Beliefs can vary dependent upon the person that you are asking. I believe that you learn your character from playing sports. Soccer has taught me lessons that have brought me to who I am now as a person. Sports have taught me to be a leader,work hard, and to be a good teammate. I have learned how to fight through adversity. Sports improve me physically and also mentally that has set my mind to work hard, be a leader, and to be a good teammate.

I believe that Soccer has physically improved me and mentally. Soccer has been a huge role in my life, I have made many friends throughout soccer. Soccer has taught me to be a leader on the field. My Coach always tells my team to be a role model for the team below us. Being a leader in soccer has taught me to try and be a role model in school. I have physically improved and fitness wise with the help of soccer. I hold the record at my elementary school for the beep test that wasn’t broke for 10 years until I broke it. Some people think that soccer is just running up and down the field kicking a ball into the goal. Soccer has many other aspects to the game. Soccer brings people from all different ethnic groups together and is the sport that has the most recognition throughout the world.

I believe that hard work can take you long ways. Hardwork is a choice and the ones who work the hardest most likely go somewhere in life. I believe this because my coach for my club team Adam Jones doesn’t matter how bad of a game you are having, but if you are working as hard as you can he would rather have a hard worker who doesn't have that much skill than a teammate that is skilled and doesn’t work at all.

Soccer has overall improved me physically,mentally, and as a person. Sports have taught me many things. I hope everybody does a sport to learn the lessons and fight through the adversities.

This piece includes a six-word memoir and a "This I believe" essay