This I Beleive | Teen Ink

This I Beleive

I believe everyone has their own respected pathway in life. I believe that everyone will do what they feel is best to achieve whatever goals they have set. I believe that everyone has their own claim to fame, and that everyone has their own story. Everyone has their own technique on how to make it big, or their own method for greatness. I believe that within these dreams, everyone lives a lie. People will tell you about their history, or where they are now, or even their future, but I have seen countless stories end up at a dead end. I believe the dreams so many live, is more of an expected failure, because once reality kicks in, these visions tend to fade away. I have watched people fail at the things they counted on. The world is a vile place, and ninety percent of the time things won’t go your way. I have seen examples relating to this in sports. Growing up in a sporty family, and playing countless games of hockey and soccer in my life, I have seen all sorts of pathways. I have seen pathways that have led athletes to the top and pathways that have put athletes at the bottom. I always will hear that kid in the dressing room say “Back in the day, when I was ten, I scored fifty goals.” I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have heard a kid say that. All of these players that used to be the so called “all star”, where are they now? I certainly haven’t seen a kid score fifty goals on my team in a long time. People live in a dream world. These people with false visions floating around in their minds, they need to be pinched and wake up. Words speak a lot louder than actions, and silence is golden. I often will see that the kid who was always unheard of, he was the one who made it big, and that the big mouths were the one’s who generally failed at whatever they tried for. The world revolves around these goals set for people that have no clue what it really takes to achieve. I respect the people that are down to earth, and know their place in society, but I loathe those who talk and talk about subjects they have no business talking about. But how can this ever change? The answer is clear, it won’t, the lives I see being lived, and the athletes playing the sports I grew up around, it will all stay the same. People will continue their own methods, and that is fine. I myself have my own stories as well, my own visions, my own claim to fame, but I try to keep it quiet, away from the others because the silent types speak the loudest actions. They say people that have to show off their fancy cars, and their ostentatious luxuries, they are the ones who are lacking social grace, and friends, but those who are humble, and show good class by displaying appropriate mannerisms are the ones who deserve a pat on the back. To be bold about what I think, I wish society was humble and that people knew there place. I am not saying I want everyone who talks a lot to be erased, because to be honest, it humors me to listen to some people, I just want people to realize that in this world, there are a million others just like you, and if you want to break out of that bubble, keep things to yourself, and display your pathway through actions instead of obnoxious words. Another prime example, which I dedicate also to the world of sports that I have seen, is this: A kid who is a fourth liner on a top hockey team will be sitting in the final game, and immediately he starts to complain. I will ask myself, “Why is he complaining?” In reality, if this kid deserved to play he would, but instead he does not possess the talent needed to help the team out. Now the kid begins to yell and get upset at the fact that the coach is sitting him. It annoys me that they can’t sit down and accept that they aren’t as good. Instead of crying about a failure, get up, quietly, and practice to make yourself better. Things don’t come easy, in fact, things rarely come at all. People need to sit down and look at the big picture and realize that they have put themselves in that situation, and nobody else. For my statement to the planet of Earth and everyone chasing a ball down a pathway, wake up.

on Jan. 10 2012 at 4:34 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Just pointing out that they have their reasons for believing that what they believe is the only way and you have yours, and you never know if they are right. If you had been born to a different family of a different religion, you could be pushing a different viewpoint right now. It really depends on the culture you grow up in.

on Jan. 8 2012 at 4:43 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Almost every religion teaches that their way is the only way. They want you to go out and convert people who don't have the same viewpoint. That's where we get wars. That's where we get extremists. They all follow a join or die mindset.

on Jan. 8 2012 at 4:40 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Almost all religions teach that their way is the only way. That's because they want you to go out and convert everyone who disagrees. And that's where we got wars from. That's where we get extremists from. Everyone is following a join or die mindset.

on Jan. 5 2012 at 5:06 pm
BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

That was not their point. Not everyone's path is through a god. Remember that.

on Jan. 9 2010 at 9:42 pm
Forever13 BRONZE, Topeka, Kansas

i have to many to name.

It is true. People like to boast what they have suceeded in but when it comes to mistakes, people hate when you point out what they have done wrong and are not humble enough to admit that they have done wrong. (Not saying that everyone is this way.)