We've Created This | Teen Ink

We've Created This

By elektrisitee BRONZE, Croswell, Michigan
elektrisitee BRONZE, Croswell, Michigan

"You are everything I knew you could be, my sweet elektrisitee"

Things are not always as they seem. It is this idea of perception that makes people consider the validity of life itself. When I look around me I see a library composed of chairs, walls, and books. But, is this orange wall that is blinding me the same orange that the woman giving me weird looks across the room sees? There is no way to tell. My orange is my orange. There is no right and wrong- only what is perceived to be right and wrong. The world as we know it was indeed created by us...and logically, we created God too.

It is the human right to believe what they wish, but the majority of people tend to believe what other people say is true, therefore validating their truth. Any fact can be true if other people believe in it. It is the lone man that believes in one thing that is “wrong”. He is not lying, nor is he attempting to deceive... so what makes him wrong? The fact that his ideals differ from that of society. It is a majority rules kind of rock that we live on, and originality is hardly ever welcomed. Conforming to the masses is one of the only ways to survive. But just how fulfilling is that? How does it feel to follow societies rules set in place by the popular crowd? To be a pawn- a clone?

It is our right as sentient beings to set our own paths: to believe in a God or not, or to think the way we desire. From the time we were born we have been molded by our parents, who were molded by theirs and so on. But, where does the mold originate? The same place laws, social hierarchy, and money does... the rich, the powerful, and the popular.

Be your own person... make your world.

I loved philosophy class for this very reason. I was just sitting transferring files from one of my laptops to another and started tappin the keys.

elektrisitee BRONZE, Croswell, Michigan

why, thank you!

GinryuStargazer BRONZE, N/A, Minnesota

This world is just a battleground for ideals.

Three words:

I.

ADORE.

YOU.