Joel 2:25 Devotional | Teen Ink

Joel 2:25 Devotional

By madisongeller GOLD, Austin, Texas
madisongeller GOLD, Austin, Texas

Joel 2:25-God can restore what is broken and turn it into something that is amazing. All you need is faith.

Brokenness- it’s the feeling of sheer pain so deep that one believes it can never be mended. It’s the feeling that nobody can help you because you are too damaged. It’s the feeling so desolate that even on the sunniest of days, there is always a cloud full of thunder and lightning trailing behind you.

People have the power to shatter other’s hearts into a million tiny pieces spread out across the floor so that it seems impossible to be put back together again. This power can send others into a world of darkness with only one small passageway out. The only way to escape that passageway is with a key. It may be hard at first to find the key; some may never find the key at all. With faith, the key is simply handed to you. Joel 2:25 says that, “God can restore what is broken and turn it into something that is amazing. All you need is faith.”

With faith, there is hope. There is hope that God will do something for you that will turn your life upside down and maybe even make it even unrecognizable in the best of ways.  It’s crazy how that works. I know this because God transformed me in this way. I was in that dark world with only one passageway. It was hard for me to find the key because I was so caught up in what I would lose if I worked up the courage to grab the key. I had a lot that I had worked extremely hard for to lose. When faith had unfolded and I unlocked the door, a new life appeared right before my eyes. Feelings of happiness and excitement soon overcame my body. I hadn’t felt these in years. I had pure joy. For once was no longer scared to face each day. The pieces of my heart had finally been put back together and I was a new person. God gave me something amazing. He can transform your life too! All you need is faith.

Joel 2:25 is a verse that got me through the hardest period in my life. I hope that this verse can help many others as well.