LGBTQ: If We Could Only Understand | Teen Ink

LGBTQ: If We Could Only Understand

December 8, 2017
By TerraB BRONZE, Guelph, Ontario
TerraB BRONZE, Guelph, Ontario
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If we could understand…

 

July 20th 2005 Canada makes a move in LGBTQ rights in the world.
On this day Canada became the 1st country outside of European countries,
and the 4th country in the world to allow LGBTQ Rights and marriage.
Now let's think, how many countries have said yes… 25!
Twenty Five countries have joined the fight to end inequality for the LGBTQ community.

 

Lately people and the parliament of Australia said YES to LGBTQ rights and marriage. Throughout the entire parliament only 4 people said no to Gay marriage. There are only 150 people within the Australian parliament. Right after the conference, a colleague by the name of Tim Wilson surprisingly proposed to his secret partner Ryan Bolger.

 

Have you ever heard someone talk to some say being gay or lesbian is stupid or dumb or any offensive words towards gay people. I highly hope that you are not the type of person to join in on this conversation.I hope that you think to yourself ‘wow that person does not know what he is talking about or wow that person is very rude’.

 

Taiwan, a country located in Asia. It is the first country in Asia that allows gay marriage. Most countries within Asia and India deem being gay or lesbian illegal. Taiwan being the first country to allow Gay activity and marriage legal.


November 28, 2017 Parliament hill,Ottawa,Canada. Canadian prime minister apologizes for the way the Canadian government has treated the LGBTQ community. A man by the name Jim kane in winnipeg had something to say after words, he said “  I already know that I'm going to cry, because it's an important step forward and it's long overdue," said Kane.


So next time you hear someone say ‘being gay is stupid’ Think to yourself. Am I apart of that group? Am I going to stick up for the group? Think to yourself then when you find the decision think to yourself… “What am I going to do about it?”