What Can We Do to Help Them? | Teen Ink

What Can We Do to Help Them?

May 2, 2016
By Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Jackie_Rojas SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Break the rules. Be a fighter. Any dream is possible if you are brave enough to do it YOUR way." - A.J Lee


There are many abusive relationships that accurse in the United States. As I’m speaking right now there could be someone getting abused physically, mentally or emotionally. Every 15 seconds there is at least one person right now going through an abusive relationship. When we think of an abusive relationship we right away think it’s a woman getting raped or beaten to death by her husband or boyfriend. As a matter of fact that isn’t all true, men, and children and even the elderly are abused and that a shocker to many people to know that. 


We have seen these kinds of videos all over the Internet but we just look at them and get angry. We react to them but we don’t stop to think what we could do to prevent this. Sometimes I stop to think if there is something that could be done. There might be and that starts with some education from school, adults, or even friends. I feel that there are a lot of people that hide the fact that their partner is abusing them but they are to scare to say something.


Being in a situation like they’re in isn’t something anyone would like to be in.  It’s not something people can turn away from right away. They need as much help as they can get.  I hope someone could open up more organization in the United States were people being abused could live for a while before there ready to open up the next of their life. One example would be community houses were people could live and talk to psychiatrist about their experiences.


It would help them a lot in a way to fix their minds mentally and their nightmare during their experiences. There is so much we can do to stop this but it will take time. I just hope that we can lower our ratings of abuse people in the United States just by a bit at least. Time is something we need in order to save these people from the predators. Approximately 1.3 million women are abused in the United States in one year and 835,000 men are abused by their partner. What? Yes that’s right men are also victims in this too.


Women are also abusive towards their partner, which shocks many people and would call them wimps but they aren’t. When mothers are beaten by their spouse in front of their kids it can lead them to become abusers themselves when they grow up. Which would cause them to go too jail for those crimes. Some male parents would grab their boys and tell them “This is how you treat a woman” which is absolutely terrifying to know because they’ll grow up with that attitude set in their minds. We want our generation to improve and become the future of this planet then we have to start  with this taking one step at a time will help solve some problems.