American Flag | Teen Ink

American Flag

November 6, 2015
By JorjaT GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JorjaT GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

 As I look up, I see America before me swaying in the wind. I see the hardships we have gone through, and all the successes we have had, represented by polyester woven

together in red, white, and blue.

The ripples in the flag billow in the breeze, representing the hard times our country has gone through. From the Revolutionary War to World Wars I and II to Pearl Harbor,
the flag has remained a safe haven for the soldiers and a reminder of what they were fighting for.

Each stitch of the flag represents all of the people who have come together into our united nation. And each person who is part of the United States is held together by the red, white and blue and by the idea of America working hard to accomplish our goals as one.

The stars and stripes of the flag represent our humble beginnings. As each star was added, our country grew, inviting another state into our nation. Now, with all 50 states a part of our nation, the flag gleams with 50 stars flashing against the deep blue in the corner of the flag.

The flag pole represents the bravery and honor of those in the war. It towers over them so they can look up and see the flag above them and know what they are fighting for. It also supports the flag like the soldiers support the citizens of America.

As the flag continues to flutter in the wind, it represents faith and hope; families, love and
support; and everything we can do as a country reminding us not to give up and persevere. All of this represented by polyester, woven together in red, white, and blue.