R-E-S-P-E-C-T | Teen Ink

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

By Lake22 GOLD, San Leandro, California
Lake22 GOLD, San Leandro, California

"I would rather die of passion than of boredom."-Unknown

Why Can't we treat each other with respect? Treat each other equally and not like savages? We're all the same, most people know, yet some people treat each other like they're not the same and more superior to those other people. The reality of it is you can't always see things black or white, period. Good and bad? Right and wrong? You know what those things are. A bully knows what those things are, and that doesn't give them a right to treat anyone like a piece of crap. Yes, most bullies' lives are horrible, we get it, but to take it out on someone you don't even know, to someone you just want to break,is just wrong. It's degrading and dehumanizing, and it might lead to the point when it costs a life or lives. The worst part is, the bully(s) don't care about what they've done and they repeat the cycle like it's a game. They don't see the wrong, they see the power.
Now ask yourself this ladies and gentlemen, would you be able to take the time to understand why people are the way they are? Or better yet, help them SEE that what they are doing is wrong and change that wrong to right. Anyone can be a bully, you just don't know it and bullies don't even realize that what they say affects a person so much to the point when they have to keep a poker face just to prove how much they're trying to stay strong. Eventually the facade breaks away and all you see is pain, numbness, and sadness. People tend to lash out when they don't understand something or don't bother, because they don't want to feel the emotions, they want to make it go away. Sometimes the way they try to make it go away doesn't help, it makes it worse, so there really isn't one right way, but to actually talk and comfort, forgive and forget so all can finally move on and live together with respect.