No They Can't | Teen Ink

No They Can't

By Actonstupid21 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Actonstupid21 SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

In John Stossel’s special he keeps mentioning that the government cannot do what they say they are going to do. They make all these promises of how they are going to help us like passing the health care law or creating job. No they can’t!

They don’t actually have the power to create the jobs. They may be able to do something about it, but they themselves do not create them.
The government makes all these promises of things they can do to help us when all they really want to do is make themselves money. Eventually it is people like us that come up with these ideas for making our lives easier to live, such as the oil rig cleanup.

The government told people that if you can come up with an invention to help clean up the oil faster they will pay them millions of dollars for the idea. They cannot come up with the idea themselves so they count on others to spend their time doing it.

In reference to the TSA segment in the video, if there were non-government run programs there is a chance for more success. For example, if schools were not run by government they could have more freedom to make the learning more fun and interactive.

When the government has specially run programs there is no room for changing anything but there is a huge margin for error. Another example of something we do better than the government is sell marijuana. When you have individual people selling the drug there is a small chance of messing up because it is one on one, but if the government makes it legal and starts selling it then there could be major corruption in the system between the government and the buyer. It seems like an extreme example, but when you really think about it, it makes sense.

It’s when the government tries to do too much is when major failures occur. If they just limit the things they do to only the most important things then we can possibly fix these corruptions.

For example, the government could focus more on the economic state of our country instead of worrying about things that states could take care of themselves. We don’t need government to hold our hand for every little project that is done to help us. We can help ourselves.
There are people out there that will disagree saying that government is the only reason why were able to live the way we live today. Those people are probably the liberals that just wait for everything to be done for them and don’t do anything about it.

I’m not saying all liberals are like that, but there are handfuls that do this. And it’s not always because they are lazy it’s just because they don’t know any better. This is how they grew up. They didn’t do anything for themselves to prepare them for the future.

Over all the government thinks they can control and regulate everything, but in reality we can do almost just as much as the government can. In a nutshell, the government cannot always do what they say they can.

It's really good