The good, the bad, and the Contradictory | Teen Ink

The good, the bad, and the Contradictory

By AcidRoses SILVER, Elmont, New York
AcidRoses SILVER, Elmont, New York

"Many that live deserve death and some that have died deserve life, can you give that to them? Do not be to hasty to deal out death and judgement, even the very wise cannot see all ends."

"Can't get no more free randy!"

The world is a big ball of contradiction. We’re one world, yet there’s hardly any unity. We’re divided country by country, and state by state. We give up togetherness to live how we want to. We say we respect other’s cultures, yet isn’t the reason the world is so divided because we secretly scoff at them and their beliefs? We say we want to help other people, and sometimes we do, but we forget that the only reason those people need help is because we did that to them. We as people, not a country, not a continent, nor culture. Not man or woman, children or the mature. People.
Companies aren’t selling products, you are. You sell your life and happiness for the fake ideals they promote. They try to hide behind it, hide behind their contradiction. The same people that make the commercials about the detriments of smoking on the human body are the same people that stack shelves all around the world with cigarettes. The same people that try to sell you on a healthier lifestyle are the ones putting out the stuff that makes it impossible to do so. The masses are still enslaved by those in power, the punishment only tailored to fit our legal system. Oh yes, they can’t whip people or discriminate against them, but they can take every cent you have and leave you out on the street to die. Contradiction.
We learn in school when we’re kids, to respect one another’s opinions and ideals. And when you grow up you realize that our own governments don’t even keep this in mind. Lands reduced to ashen piles of rubble, people’s lives gone in the pull of a finger, the command of one person. Is the going rate for human life a barrel of oil? The disgust I have for our population, and our contradiction.
Day by day, we kill one another and castrate each other. Week by Week we slander each other’s names, and we build false labels to differentiate us from them:
Blake, White, Hispanic, Asian
Europe, North America, South America, Asia, and Africa
This is one world isn’t it? So why is it we use every excuse possible to make divisions despite our mutual common ground?
It would seem the world’s at an impasse, we eat our populous alive, and attack each other like wild dogs while at the same time offering support to one another,
It’s hard to say where the world is heading to, or if we’re on the right track or the wrong one. but I do know the world right now is at the least
A contradiction.

Just my view on society.

on Jul. 24 2013 at 2:32 am
lackadaisicalwolf, Asdf, Other
This is exactly how I feel, but when I state my opinions, it just sounds like ranting >.< this actually flows really nicely, and sounds almost like a poem.

Kat_Poetry BRONZE, Neenah, Wisconsin

"But without the dark, we would never see the stars"

You are really talented. This is such a great article. I've never looked at the world like you wrote about it. But it makes perfect sence. I loved it. Great Job.

MadHater said...
MadHater, Trophy Club, Texas

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
-Abraham Lincoln

or

"The price of success is responsibility."
-Winston Churchill

Very well done. It is thought provoking and flows together well. The thoughts are well-divided. Keep writing.