Deception-And All the Lies | Teen Ink

Deception-And All the Lies

March 9, 2012
By SpiffyGal23 BRONZE, Fairport, New York
SpiffyGal23 BRONZE, Fairport, New York
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Do it for Johnny!


Even though not all people think they are being deceived, truth of the matter is, it’s easy to be deceived wheatear you think you are or not, lots of things are full of lies and have a negative impact on today's society. Because your minds tend to sometimes turn off and you start to believe all those lies and you see them everywhere in magazines, books, billboards and even on television.
When you read a magazine do you ever wish you could be as pretty, skinny or flawless a person you see? Truth is you can’t. Everything they do to a person in a magazine is fake, yup that’s right it is almost 100% photo shopped. This makes many young teenagers think they aren’t and will never be good enough, or even accepted into today’s world. This makes teens want to change themselves or be better, be skinnier, be FLAWLESS! That is impossible. Don’t put yourself down because you think you aren’t good enough or will ever be good enough because you are and will always be good enough. ChaEasham once said “How you see yourself guides a lot of your choices, opinions, and feelings about things like dating, love, friendship and basically everything else in your life.” You should see yourself as you, not as someone else. Don’t change yourself to be accepted, don’t change yourself at all. You should want to be accepted they way you are. That may be hard but it really isn’t. Find the truth in yourself and your friends. You will hear lies and see lies but it is your job not to believe them and just live your life the way you want to.
So, moving on to television. There are many lies put on television shows and commercials. These days many commercials that you see a scripted, meaning that the “random” people talking about let’s say Pro-Active face wash may be lying and just saying what the director wants them to, so they earn money. Now think of reality television. Almost all shows have beautiful young men and women. Well they obvousilly have make up on but some way more than others. The make-up covers up their facial flaws, making them look gorgeous. When they might look pretty they really aren’t their pretty. Know what I’m saying? We are just so easily deceived by people and the world around us. We are getting dragged into a deeper and deeper hole that society is putting us in. Harris III once said “We get misdirected when we turn on the television ‘cause we don’t know what to think, I just want to be entertained. The dangerous part is this; when I turn on entertainment I have a tendency to turn off my mind…then my brain soaks in misdirection from the truth.” We need to be careful about this. Things are happening to young teenagers and adult that shouldn’t. Yes we can get deceived easily but we can stay away from it too. By knowing that things in magazines are lots of the times fake, and things in commercials don’t tell the truth, we can soak in the truth not the lies.
Deception is ruling our world today. Making people in today’s society is someone other than themselves. Keeping our heads above all the deception that goes on will always help we to see and know the truth that are hidden in the lies.


The author's comments:
I went to Revolve with my youth group. Both Chad and Harris were thare (the guys I quoted) and there messages were stong so I wrote a little actrical on it:)