What is wrong with us? | Teen Ink

What is wrong with us?

By msfmegan BRONZE, Fresno, California
msfmegan BRONZE, Fresno, California
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Why sodomize dragonflies.

Why is it that we are never satisfied? I, in my 17 years in this world, have never met a truly happy person. A person who, if given the chance, would not change something about their life. There is always something wrong with our lives, isn’t there? We are always wishing for something we don’t have. And when we get it, we never really enjoy it because we’re scared of loosing it. We want things to be perfect, but for some reason we are always searching for imperfections. If given the whole world, we would still find that the grass is greener on the other side. We pick and choose whom we want around us. We want the girl or guy in our life to be perfect. And although we preach it, we cannot comprehend that to love is to learn to see an imperfect person perfectly. As if finding flaws with people we see on the street wasn’t enough, we have recently fallen into the trend of finding flaws with ourselves. Our hair is never shiny enough. Our body is never tone enough. We are never tanned enough. Our eyebrows never match. And we are never tall enough. Somehow, in the midst of this crazy world, we have forgotten that this is life and not heaven therefore we don’t have to be perfect.

The things I wrote about in this piece are things I hope no one ever does again.

on Sep. 1 2010 at 3:13 am
Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

I agree with you!

NickiF said...
on Aug. 27 2010 at 3:23 am
This is the best thing I've read in a long time.

on Aug. 26 2010 at 7:27 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

You write with a wisdom that is beyond seventeen-year-olds. It's so true. Happiness is unbelievably important, and perfection is not always a prerequisite for joy. Thanks for writing this.