Shoot First Ask Questions Later | Teen Ink

Shoot First Ask Questions Later

By Aj Hensen BRONZE, Wymoing, Michigan
Aj Hensen BRONZE, Wymoing, Michigan

Alternative medicine is commonly known as is a broad domain of resources that encompasses health systems, modalities, and practices and their accompanying theories and beliefs, other than those intrinsic to the dominant health system of a particular society or culture in a given historical period. In America we stick with contemporary medicine and don’t really embrace these alternative methods. Americas medical theory shoot first ask questions later.

Alternative medicine is not well known in America, and it takes someone you know or love to need treatment before this even enters your mind. I personally know due to my mother. She has had breast cancer two times. For her first bout we stayed in America and just had the basic double mastectomy. Unsuccessful. The cancer was back in less than a calendar year. Once we found out the cancer was back we scrambled for ideas. My mother didn’t believe she could survive Chemo and Radiation. So we went Alternative, she went to Bad Aibling Germany for her alternative treatment. They had methods such as heating the body to 104 degrees Fahrenheit then giving the body small doses of chemo. They also used electroshock therapy, they shocked her lymph nodes. Needless to say she was back in two weeks fully in remission.

Yes this is a very expensive way of treating things. But in many ways it was more effective and to have my mother back is priceless. So money really shouldn’t be a problem, fund raise get a sponsor anything you can do to make money. It is very worth it.

People ask why is this not embraced by America? Very simple, MONEY. Our doctors and FDA (Food and Drug Administration) want and feed of the green. This is not all doctors but a majority just want to make a quick buck. They don’t care if they have to risk a few live to get that. America is a shoot first ask questions later. You have a illness, we drug you. You have cancer we shoot you full of chemo and radiation and hope your body can take it. All we do is drug you. And if that doesn’t work well then damn! I guess we tried.

America is one of the most powerful if not the most powerful country in the world, in everything. We could have alternative medicine as a way to boost our economy. A way to find new jobs in the medical field. And offer more ways to treat cancer and other illnesses. I truly believe this needs to be a focal point in our nations agenda because if not now then when.