Giving Opportunities or Taking Them Away? | Teen Ink

Giving Opportunities or Taking Them Away?

By dreamer_doer BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
dreamer_doer BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other

None can tell your story so tell it yourself. None can write your story, so write it yourself.

There has been change in the world. Positive or negative, we don't know anymore. "Women are given many opportunities today", they say. Yes, women have more influence on the world than they have ever had. And men praise themselves for "allowing" women to enter the workplace. The whole point was to make sure women could do what they wanted to do, independently and with no restrictions. But because some people just don't like this, they have to haunt women, kidnap them and abuse them. How has anything changed? Women are now more scared than ever to step out of the house! These people think men are so much better, but I think they're intimidated by strong women who are striving to make their place. Where are we heading as a society? Single mothers' children are not even accepted by schools because they strongly and firmly believe that a woman can't manage a house. Yes, women may be sensitive at heart, but that doesn't mean they are weak. A woman carries another person in her womb for 9 months, they're anything but weak. They're daughters, sisters, wives and mothers.They are a symbol of strength to people all around. Just giving them a chance doesn't solve things. We need to make sure that the next time they want to do something, they don't need to take anyone's permission. Everyday we hear  of women and girls being abused, and the next thing we do is scroll and read the next headline. Women have power, power to dream, power to work and power to achieve and it would be helpful if we don't attack them everytime they harness that power. It is said that behind evry successful man, there is a woman. What if a man could stand behind a woman on her path to success?