Cannibalism in US | Teen Ink

Cannibalism in US

June 12, 2019
By Anonymous

Defined by Merriam-Webster, cannibalism is defined as “the eating of the flesh of an animal by another animal of the same kind”

Cannibalism is common in many species such as chimpanzees, sand tiger sharks, perch, chickens, and many more.  However, many humans don’t consider the idea of cannibalism simply because it goes against their morals. It is time to ignore human morals so that we can see the benefits of cannibalism and decide if there is a time we should integrate it into our society.

First, let’s consider the idea of cannibalism, eating another human being.  Would you do it? If you wouldn’t, think about why. Is it because the idea of eating another person makes you sick?  Does it just feel wrong? Do you feel like there’s not a good reason to resort to that? You’re feeling like this because that is what your brain is telling you, but in many cases this feeling can be ignored.  Consider roller coasters. They are fast, dangerous, and thrilling. Even if you love them, there is often a feeling in your stomach of fear or nerves because your brain is telling you that roller coasters are dangerous and could kill you.  Yet millions of people ride roller coasters every year anyways. This is because they are common in society. Therefore if cannibalism was integrated into society and people began viewing it as humane, this feeling of anxiety would go away. While it may take time to adjust to cannibalism in society, they changes it will make to our world are greatly beneficial.

There’s about 1,300 calories per kilogram at minimum in modern human muscle.  This is slightly less than the amount in chicken breast (1,650 calories per kilogram) but it is still efficient and will satisfy the needs of humans when combined with other foods that will fulfil the nutritional needs of a human.

Many people worry about diseases spreading from cannibalism.  A specific disease is kuru which is caused from eating the brain.  A group referred to as the Fore from Papua New Guinea are cannibalists.  Many of their people died from kuru but after hundreds of years, they became immune to the disease.  Eventually, we will evolve and become immune to the diseases from cannibalism due to survival of the fittest.

Cannibalism will begin in the United States and hopefully spread across the world eventually.  An amendment will be added to the Constitution that states that cannibalism must be enforced and regulated in every state.  Each state will be split up into zones made up of a group of counties, such as the zones used in All-County for music (see Figure 1).  Each zone will have a cannibalism plant where the bodies are transported to be treated and prepared for consumption. After it is prepared, the waste will be burned to create energy similar to burning coal and other fossil fuels.  This not only gives us another source of food, but also gives us more energy as well which is necessary because the global energy consumption level is increasing exponentially. The food that has been prepared will then be sent to local businesses such as meat stores, grocery stores, and possibly directly to restaurants.  

The bodies used for cannibalism will only be taken if a person has died from a different cause and passes the evaluation to be eaten.  A person signs up to become an organ donor when they first get their driver's permit, and they will also have the choice to become a cannibalism donor as well.  If a person chooses to be a cannibalism donor, as soon as they are found dead from any cause their ID will be checked and whoever found the body will call the local cannibalism office.  The local cannibalism office will send out a vehicle to collect the body. The vehicles to collect the body will be specially designed to preserve the body while it would otherwise begin to decompose.  The vehicle will bring the body to the cannibalism plant in its zone where the process of examination and cannibalism approval begins. An elite team of cannibalism specialists perform a thorough inspection to decide whether or not the body is fit to be eaten.  If it can be eaten, the parts being used for food will be removed, treated, and packaged for shipping. The rest will be sent to a pit where they are burned and energy is created. While this plan doesn’t evaluate all the social issues of cannibalism, in an ideal society this would easily be integrated and used to its fullest potential.  


Figure 1:

 

The Benefits:

Another food source
Another source of energy
Using dead bodies in beneficial ways
Taking up less space because less bodies won’t be buried
Creates jobs
Evolving the human race to become immune to diseases


The author's comments:

I do not agree with cannibalism nor do I practice it or plan to.  This is just a hypothetical idea and some of the benefits that would come with it if we were to impliment it into society.