What is the American Dream? | Teen Ink

What is the American Dream?

The American Dream. Everyone has heard of it, and everyone thinks of sort of the same thing, but that should be different. The idea of “The American Dream’ has not changed in over half a century, but the United States and many countries around it have changed drastically. Now what exactly is this idea. Most people think “The American Dream” is going to college, getting a stable job, finding love, getting married, having kids, and just going through the stages of life. However, we should not think this way, this is not what we all dream about doing. Think about it, more and more people are getting careers in the arts, more women are getting involved in politics, and people are able to communicate all around the world because of social media. Some people don’t want to get married, have children, and many people dream of getting jobs that are not always stable; and that is their dream. We all don’t think the same, we all have different dreams. This no longer 1950s where women stay home and cook, women are running companies, and many don’t have time for anything else, and  that is alright. Overall, this idea of “The American Dream” is different than it was long ago. Each person can have their own “American Dream”, and that is the right way to dream.

The idae of the Alamerican Dream needs to change.