Universal Health Care | Teen Ink

Universal Health Care

By 21millerkiarra BRONZE, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
21millerkiarra BRONZE, Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania

Don't dream about success, work for it.

Health care is one of the biggest issues in the world that many believe needs to be made universal. Millions around the world are not able to afford health care for themselves nor their children because of the large price. By making health care universal, it would help benefit the millions of people who are affected. Having people not only pay outrageous taxes, but also for an expensive health care, does not give a person a healthy life, financially, and medically. If the government truly wanted what was best for the people, having health care made universal would greatly prove this. 

In a society with universal health care many citizens would be better off medically. In the world nearly 44 million people have no health care and another 38 million have inadequate health care. What this means is that nearly one third of people in the world face each day without the security of knowing that when they need medical care it will be provided to them and their families. A large abundance for the issues of health care is many individuals do not have the money to provide themselves with care. More than one third of uninsured adults have trouble paying their bills, which explains why many individuals do not seek out medical care when it’s needed. In our united nation declaration, it is stated “Everyone has the right to a standard of living proper for the health and wellbeing of the individuals and their families, including health care.” This shows that by making health care universal it would benefit many citizens, this is because in society people who are provided with health care are often more medically healthy, and often live a longer life. 

Though having health care is a right, people around the world tend to disagree with this idea. As stated on ivn “The reason why free health care wouldn’t work relates directly to the cost of providing state-of-the-art health care services. Free health care services won’t work without a comprehensive plan to pay for medical services and medical providers.” In this people are saying that the cost of free health care would be provided through higher taxes of the people who work, which would ultimately be unfair to them. Thought this is true, if they were to go ahead and compare the price of health care vs the price of taxes that would be going up, they would find that having free health care would also benefit them. As not only them, but also the other people who are restricted from health care still must pay for taxes. By making health care universal it would help not only the people without health care but also with health care because, in society everyone is required to pay taxes but not required to buy health care. If health care was made universal many individuals would benefit. 

Not only does having health be universal help save people money, but it also contributes to saving people's lives. On truthout it is stated “I have watched patients die from preventable conditions because they couldn’t afford treatment. Because of money issues, people lose limbs that they shouldn’t need to lose. Patients decline when they shouldn’t have to.” In this statement it shows that many people lose their lives because of the cost of health care, and their inability to receive it. In society people with health care are able to live a longer life with the security of knowing they have heath care to be provided with when they need it. 

Altogether the benefits of having health care be made universal strongly over rules the down sides of this. As stated in the united nations declaration, Truthout, and ivn By making it universal it would not only save many people's lives, but also save people money. Having health care universal would also be obeying the united nations declaration. Though having health care free would cause taxes to go up for the citizens of the world, having more people around the world be seen and helped by doctors is more valuable than money. With free health care people would have the courage they need to tell someone when something is wrong, and not have to worry about not have coverage. Having health care would strongly benefit many citizens and would give them the security they deserve and need. 

In this artical you will find informational facts about why making health care universal would benifit the people of the United States. Not only do i cover the medical reasons but also the financle.