Ended P.M, Classes | Teen Ink

Ended P.M, Classes

March 2, 2009
By maisee chang BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
maisee chang BRONZE, Appleton, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Should all students take the time to study and not waste time? Of course all students want to have good grades or a good education. They want to have a wonderful life and not waste time. I believe the school day should end at two o clock in the afternoon, so students can have the time to do their homework or do other chores at home.






The first reason why school should end earlier is so students can have more free time. Students need the time to do their homework or stay after school. What if students have jobs after school? They won't want to stay up late at night and do their homework. They will be tired or not focused in school. Then they will rush through their work and get bad grades.
The second reason is if students need help, they don't have enough time to get it . They might not stop by and ask for help from the teacher. They could ask friends and family, but what if they don't know? What if they have a project with a group? They stay after school, but do not have enough time. If they leave early, then they can use computers and spend their time on their homework or do other activities or ask help from their teacher. I think it will be easier for them. Also they could make up missing work or take tests that they missed while they have the time to do it.
My next reason is students have a club meeting or a sporting activity after school. They won't have a lot timeto do their homework when they get home. Maybe have a bit of time to rush through their homework. Then it's already time to sleep and they didn't even get to chat with their family. So leaving school early can help students have free time from all their busy stuff.
I believe the school day should end at 2:00 p.m. It werebe great to take a rest from all the busy work. Students will have a better understanding of their homework or projects and be able to have fun. Instead of having late assignments, they will get to have the hours to do their late homework and turn it in on time.They will not just waste time because they will know they have something to do and focus on it.