Bullying at my School | Teen Ink

Bullying at my School

By Schlag SILVER, Brookville, New York
Schlag SILVER, Brookville, New York

In my school, there is supposed to be zero tolerance for bullying. The school’s administrators even say there is a no bullying policy. However, almost any school you go to, there will always be someone to pick on you.

I go to a special needs high school. There are some kids who are autistic, or have Asperser’s syndrome, students who have dyslexia, A.D.D. children, and some who don’t go to public school (according to them) because they’re parents don’t want them to.

The kids who claim they should be in public school pick on the kids who don’t seem to be “normal”. Everyone is “weird” to each other. Sometimes, the word retarded is used. What gets to me, is the two words, “normal” and “weird” don’t have any precise definitions. I mean, have you ever wondered what is normal? Can you tell me the definition for weird?

Some kids that may be annoying get picked on. Students don’t consider that this is a special needs school, and kids have problems. Therefore, theses kids aren’t actually annoying. To them, they don’t know that they may be bugging you.

Sometimes, kids get physical. There are kids who have serious anger issues. Sometimes, they don’t understand that the person who is annoying them has a problem (like themselves) and push or hit other students. That’s when one of the many social workers arrive.

Once a week, at my school, everyone has a scheduled appointment with their social worker. Everyone sees a social worker. Some students ask to see their social worker, when they get aggravated, or feel stressed. Sometimes the students want to have a tactic to not lash out. Every now and then, we are denied to see our social worker, which is a cause for things to get physical. So, at my school we have physical and verbal bullying.

This situation aggravates me because I am in the 11th grade, and all of elementary school, and some of middle school I was picked on. Why, if I am in a supposedly “bully-free” high school do I still witness bullying? Truth is, bullying will never go away.

It's hard to stop bullying just by yourself. So, band together with a group of friends, and no matter what, defend each other.

xochitl123 said...
on Feb. 1 2013 at 2:16 pm
I think that your article is good and that bullying should be about how you look like or what iyou are or what you have I like it 

AnnaChang14 said...
on Feb. 1 2013 at 2:13 pm
- I agree with your opinions because even though you try to abolish it and forget it, it keeps coming no matter what and it won't go away. I think bulliers should feel bad because if I tell them ' hey, you're stupid and ugly ' I know 100% that they won't like it but they wouldn't feel it when you tell them to stop bullying others. SCHOOLS SHOULD HAVE POLICY FOR BULLYING. THEY SHOULD HELP TO PREVENT IT.