Dear Family, ITS MY CHOICE | Teen Ink

Dear Family, ITS MY CHOICE

By Aloneinhappiness GOLD, Truman, Minnesota
Aloneinhappiness GOLD, Truman, Minnesota

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"

" All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry"
Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe

Well I am a junior this year and you know what my family has decided that means............Its time to pick what I am to go to college for, Without asking me.. What do i want you ask. I want to Act, direct, and Write. But when i said that to my family they merely laughed and said i could accomplish that goal by being a comedian first. Their laughter was like a thousnad needles in my heart. And when i tried to laugh off the pain they looked at me like a freak. I am So passionate about doing something with the Acting community but my family......Which none of them have graduated college want me to do multi-Media Artisty Which i do like...But i don't love. Just Let me live my life Please Its not your decision its my. ANd this is unrelated but if they laugh at my dream to also dabble in Photography again i will freakin Lose it.

on Jun. 21 2010 at 4:03 pm
MilesToTravel BRONZE, Homedale, Idaho

May the odds be EVER in your favor- Effie Trinket

Wow I don't think that they should laugh at your life goals. An you're lucky because you know what you want to do already. All you need to do is overcome the obscules that come in the way don't give up your dream....and Good Luck

Hoodie BRONZE said...
on May. 22 2010 at 4:31 pm
Hoodie BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

"Small minds think people, average minds think events, but great minds, like mine, think ideas"-unknown

Thats pretty sad. You should try talking to them. maybe that'll help. Tell them that your serious about this and you want them to support you.