What would the world be like without school? | Teen Ink

What would the world be like without school?

The world without schools would be an amazing place for children but on the other hand no so much for parents, and bosses for jobs. Many kids would be so happy to not have to wake up early in the morning, immediately start their day, do homework, study, learn about many pointless subjects, listen to teachers yell, etc. Students would not be as stressed out if they did not have to worry about studying for hard tests and having the fear of failing. For example in math, students learn some pointless aspects such as quadratic formulas, geometry, and functions. Students wonder why we learn this and how this will help us in the future. Although at most time’s students would be a lot happier if there was no school but we would not have friends. Hanging out with friends on the weekend and joining sports games, etc make a teenager’s life. Without school most people would not have many friends. The younger population of people would not have much of a social life.
Although most students would say no school would make the world a happier place, parents and other adults would most likely disagree. Parents worry about down the road in life and without school a student would have no education and would therefore not get a job. The world would be extremely difficult because many people would not be working and no body would make more money then working at a fast food drive thru window. Many things wouldn’t be able to be made, and therefore wouldn’t be bought. For example, how would anyone buy a house, if there were no architects or construction workers? Is it possible to get a job if you have no experience or understanding of that field? Most likely, not many jobs is going to be available because that specific job would not have even been created if people did not go to school, learn the material and put a field of study together.

Amit said...
on Jun. 19 2017 at 10:52 am
Something are really pointless

Rrfrfrf said...
on Apr. 29 2017 at 11:41 am
Grue bad stop

Krish said...
on Jan. 19 2017 at 10:50 am
style of home-schooling is called “unschooling” where the child gets to choose when they want to learn instead of being forced to learn what and when others want them to.

Heythere said...
on Jan. 10 2017 at 7:41 am
You are right.I have numerous friends that I met not at school, but my society and other places. You are a precise person, I must say, artgirl. And a good writer.

The only said...
on Dec. 31 2016 at 11:39 am
Good , I like to going school , I am good in all subjects

The only said...
on Dec. 31 2016 at 11:39 am

George said...
on Nov. 16 2016 at 4:55 am
I think school the school systems are fucked. They teach us things that we will never use in our lives. More than half of the shit we learn, we will never use again. ex Instead of teaching us how to run a business they teach us how to calculate fucking triangles. :/ another ex. In english class instead of teaching us grammar they teach us Shakespeare. Wtf FUCK SCHOOL

Carl said...
on May. 18 2016 at 7:26 pm
I hate school I'm good at every subject except math if school does even though it will be shut down for ever I would run out in the street naked celebrating until I pass out and fall asleep and the stuff we do learn at school are pointless

shilpapotter said...
on Jun. 2 2015 at 1:48 am
Beautiful..!!

shilpapotter said...
on Jun. 2 2015 at 1:29 am
U ar a wonderful writer... I just luvd it...

on Oct. 28 2014 at 8:29 am
Minalagg BRONZE, Gurgaon, Other

Life's too short to cry!

Though I to some extent agree with what you say, I'm not very convinced with the fact ( as you have mentioned) that according to you, school teaches us ' pointless things'.though that's how most schoolgoers feel,we fail to notice the somewhat 'unconscious' use of that knowledge which we make.

Bones96 BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2013 at 12:30 pm
Bones96 BRONZE, Charlotte, North Carolina

Life isn't about finding yourself it's about creating yourself-

While I agree with Artgirl1999, you have made some excellent points. However the way it was written left something to desired, Starting with the good then bad about your subject. It felt a little rushed and cramed to me. Like Artgirl1999, I'm also homeschooled and I found your comment about not having friends or a soical life to be affensive. Just because you don't go to school doesn't mean you don't meet people, have friends and a soical life. 

on Feb. 14 2013 at 8:25 am
IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

You've made some excellent points here, but I did notice one thing- you said that without school, people would have no friends. This isn't necessarily true, I am homeschooled and I have many friends.