What would life be like without school? | Teen Ink

What would life be like without school?

Many things run through my mind on a daily basis. One of those things being what would life be like without school? I question this because although school is stressful and some days I even wish it didn't exist I've still gained a lot from it. For example school has helped me form many things like friendships, social skills, and most importantly common knowledge. To start off I've gained amazing friendships through school, from being partnered with other students in class or even being in elementary school trying to find a buddy. Some of these experiences have gained me many memories I have to this day. School is still helping me with my social skills and common knowledge. All the ‘useless’ lessons have a way of coming back to the real world assisting me so I don't sound dumb compared to other people. Although this is all great there would be a few pros to not having school. For example, kids would be able to sleep in on any day of the week. They would also have no stress regarding tests or homework due the next day, trying to balance sports and academics. After all this thought about school the question still stands, What would life be like without school?

I wrote this piece to share my ideas on school and how necessary I feel it is to go to school up until highschool so you have all the skills spoken about.