Graduation Speech | Teen Ink

Graduation Speech

They say for most that highschool is either one of the worst or best times of your life but one thing for certain no matter how it ended is that you worked hard to do it and pushed through and got your diploma. Many of us through these four years learned more about ourselves and have probably lost things to gain another. For some of us will be parting ways with a lifetime love in a sport we played or friends we made. There's no true right path, no real instruction on where to go from here and I think that's what makes this so memorable because this is when our individuality really shines and shows who you are as a person and what you want out of your future and from yourself. Soon, we're all going to be going separate ways and who knows where any of us might end up but this here is always something you consider an accomplishment and be proud of yourself for whether you gave it your very best effort or skated by you still worked for what you have now. 12 years in the making for the diploma you hold now you just need to ask yourself after everything you went through to get it, what are you going to do with it? Some of us are going to college to pursue a career, some plan on opening their own business, some of us even entering the military. There's endless possibilities don't let what others are doing interfere with what you want to do and accomplish. We've had a crazy highschool experience but we made the most of it and that shows the strength we have so now it is our time to make the most of what we have now.