Dreams Of Being A Probation Officer | Teen Ink

Dreams Of Being A Probation Officer

September 27, 2019
By chickfila1 GOLD, Sacramento, California
chickfila1 GOLD, Sacramento, California
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
~"Dont be a quitter, be a failure"~



    Everyone has dreams in life. Dreams are hard to chase but worth it. My Ultimate dream is to graduate high school, go to college and graduate then become a probation officer. After highschool I wish to be accepted to a 4 year university in preference I would like to go to Texas State University. Graduating, going to college and graduating will get me one step closer to what I vision. 


    Probation officers play a role in the criminal justice systems by supervising offenders that just got released from prison or sentenced by the courts. Probation officers ultimate goal is to assist with the rehabilitation of offenders. They work closely with law    enforcement, social services and more.  Since I was younger I had a passion for the criminal justice field. 


     Being a probation officer matters to me because its something Ive been wanting to do since I was younger. In order to be a probation officer I will need to graduate highschool and go to college. While going to college I must major in criminal justice or social work. I'm aiming to go to a college out of state. Texas State University has really been on my mind. After graduating from college I must apply for an open position, get interviewed, get hired and get trained once hired.


    There's a few steps that I need before becoming a probation officer. I will need to have a masters degree to advance in the field. I will need to complete training and states testes. Some states require that parole and probation officers take certification tests during or after the completion of training.  There are definitely some pros and cons of being a Probation officer. Being a probation officer you will have to deal with safety threats,stress and low pay. Dangerous offenders a real threat to Probation officers.  


      In conclusion, being a Probation officer is my dream. Meeting your dream may be hard but it will definitely be worth it. Everything in life isn’t easy, there's always going to be some challenges.  Helping people is what I really enjoy. Going to college might be a little hard because of the money part but I will find a way to achieve my dream of being a Probation officer by staying on track in school.