My Opinion on School Rules | Teen Ink

My Opinion on School Rules

May 15, 2019
By Anonymous

 Ok, I hope no one gets offened by this article but if you do i'm sorry. Ok now onto the topic of school rules. I personally think some of them are useless.

 But it's the schools fault for them being this way. Like for example the dress code. At my current school the dress code is completely ignored by the students. The teachers at the start of the year said they would stop kids in the halls or in classrooms if they disobeyed it. Did they enforce the rule. No. I see people all the time at school wearing inappropriate clothing. Mainly the girls though.

 Now about the swearing rule. Once again at the start of the year the teachers stated if people were caught swearing it would not be tolerated. Yet my peers still continue to swear. Most of the teachers hear it happen but don't do anything about it. I don't think it's right that they should get away with it. It's very offensive and people throw swears around like their words like Hello or Goodbye. It's very frustrating.

 For me the halls is the most annoying place in the whole school. People constantly are running disobeying the classic no running in the halls rules. If I had a nickel for how many times I've been knocked around in those halls. I would be quite rich. Also I accidently disobeyed one of the rules myself.

 I kinda ran in the halls to catch up to one of my friends. But you know happened. I get caught by a teacher and I got warned about disobeying the rules. While they were talking to me another kid was running right behind them. So I'm a bit frustrated on that one.

 But now i'm just blabbering on and on. So I guess it's time to end this little article. Hope you enjoyed!


The author's comments:

I'm just an average 14 year old with a talent for writing some weird crap