Pageantry Is Not A Crime | Teen Ink

Pageantry Is Not A Crime

May 15, 2019
By ehart BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
ehart BRONZE, Kenner, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Beauty is superficial only to those who can not see inner beauty. In addition, Beauty Pageants should be allowed to occur throughout the world. Beauty Pageants provide the money needed for education and give the determination to be successful. They help develop strong morals and good character. Downsides to Beauty Pageants can be seen; however, they are subjective. Beauty Pageants should not be illegal because they present chances and strengthen character. Beauty Pageants provide the building blocks for a bright future. They teach the discipline and work ethic needed to succeed. Contestants consistently stay on healthy routines to be at their best for the competition. The contestants also prepare a large amount for the questioning and talent portions. Furthermore, Beauty Pageants also provide educational opportunities. Most pageants are scholarship programs, so the recipients will generally be given a partial scholarship. Financial aids and Cash are often prizes for the winners of the pageant. The educational opportunities and the work ethic of Beauty Pageants bring a promising future. Beauty pageants build character and healthy traits such as dignity and humility. They teach self-confidence and dignity. The participants have to talk in front of others, which helps to overcome shyness. Moreover, Pageants teach the contestants how to be humble. Healthy competition creates the determination to win and to know the other competitors. They create the respect and grace necessary to understand the loss and try again next time. Self-worth and a sense of respect are taught to every contestant in a beauty pageant. Opponents might say that beauty pageants cause mental disorders and create unhealthy ideals. Beauty Pageants teach participants to value their outward appearance creating depression and eating disorders. The contestants feel the judgment of their competitors, pressure to win, and humiliation of losing. The negativity and stress can all be avoided if the contestants choose to focus on the positive and have fun. The critics may think those beauty pageants are superficial and damaging, but they do not have to be. Opportunities are provided and personalities are strengthened, so beauty pageants should not be illegal. A hopeful future is supported by the increasing discipline and the opportunities that are given. A good attitude and healthy morals are taught by beauty pageants. There are some drawbacks to beauty pageants, but they are dependent on personal aspects. There are some drawbacks to beauty pageants, but they are dependent on personal aspects.


The author's comments:

I am a freshman in high school and I am just starting to improve my writing skills. Even though writing is not my favorite thing to do, I put my hard work and pride into this piece.