One Man Army | Teen Ink

One Man Army

December 21, 2018
By Pixel3d GOLD, Sacramento, California
Pixel3d GOLD, Sacramento, California
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard.


High School students should study more about activists because when history has its turning point it’s usually due to an activistism.


Tupac, one of the greatest rapper of all, was born in June 16, 1971 in New York into a African American family. Tupac had histories in his blood, being born from a former Black Panther which was his Mother. Tupac had a harshed early life, one of the worst was his mother being a drug addict and being put in jail but that doesn’t mean he didn’t love his mother, in fact he loved his mother so much that he worked very hard to stop his mother drug addiction. Tupac enjoyed his early life, his young adulthood, one reason why was that Baltimore School of the Arts was his pathway to live in society but all that shattered when he moved to Oakland, California which Tupac refers as the “jungle.” From there, Tupac had to change his lifestyle, from being a good guy to a bad guy just so he can survive on the streets. Students should really study about Tupac because he’s a revolutionary man and inspire many African Americans to stand up with him.


Tupac poetry was like a speech because just like Martin Luther King speech it inspire people to never give up and keep on fighting and that’s what Tupac poetry is, an guide to hope itself. Tupac states,” A neglected flower will wither and on its own it will surely die. But with honesty, passion, and mutual respect we can soar beyond the sky. So please don’t follow what u c follow the rhythm within your heart. Believe in me though u cannot c what lies within the Dark.” In “What I See!”, Tupac is saying that he can lead people on the right path if they believe in him. This means that Tupac can be a great leader and it’s been shown that Tupac can be a great guy too.


 

Tupac wasn’t just an activist, he was an idealist too. Tupac was greatly inspired by Malcom X and MLK. Tupac made a mark in the world by making hip-hop into pop culture and that shooked the whole world. Tupac had songs talking about politics and the problems that the world had. Tupac raps many of the worlds problem and what’s it like to struggle in them.

 

 

We should study Tupac because he was an activists. Tupac mother, Afeni Shakur is an former Black Panther and Tupac took pride in it. Tupac started a campaign called “ T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E.” and it was his most greatest achievements due to the fact that it had thousands of followers and believers or even more. Tupac wanted black people to stop hurting each other with violence, drugs, guns, etc. Tupac wanted to live up to his revolutionary name and his background but his campaign stopped short.

 

Students think that they should only study perfect people. Tupac was dual, not perfect. High school students should study people who make mistakes. Michael Eric Dyson states,”Tupac had used focus, determination, and self sufficiency to rewrite his own early hardship into an epic of success.” In “Holler if You Hear Me”, Dyson is saying that Tupac is an hardworking man and would write his downfall into his uprising. This means that Tupac was not afraid to expose his heart and it doesn’t matter if they live in the streets or not he would still talk about it.

 

Tupac is an great example of an activist and why high school students should study him. Tupac poems and his raps talked about the world problems and the struggles that he had endured and seen. Tupac was an idealist, being inspired by Malcom X and MLK he was able to show the world that it had many problems and would very much like to fix them. High school students should study more about activist and especially Tupac because he had histories in his blood, for example, his mother, Afeni Shakur was a former Black Panther and Tupac showed us that we can do what we want and be what we want. “During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.” -Tupac Shakur