#SocialMediaSkills | Teen Ink

#SocialMediaSkills

By alme3 DIAMOND, Double Oak, Texas
alme3 DIAMOND, Double Oak, Texas

"Love is friendship set on fire." -Jeremy Taylor

I never thought I’d be much of a ?#?twittergoddess?.

But I was wrong.

I’m a Twitter ?#?freak?. I’m a Twitter ?#?maniac?. I will rule all of ?#?socialmedia?.

I will be your ?#?internetqueen?.

I mean, I’ve had an account for awhile. I used it to tweet for my school. “You wrote a new story, Alex? Cool, tweet it out so ?#?MHS?can read it.” I was pretty ?#?socialsavvy? there for awhile.

But then ?#?summer2k14? happened and I lost my ?#?twittertouch?. Until the?#?MaybornConference? happened, of course. Then I learned from @Samjb how to use Twitter to get the ?#?ultimateinternetexperience?. And also to get the most out of what we tweet and how we publicize our ?#?reporting? and?#?stories?.

Now I know that I want to be a mobile journalist: or mojo. I wanna get my?#?mojo? on. I want to live tweet and blog and post and update and report from my trusty ?#?iPhone?. I want to be ?#?onthego? and report as history is happening. I am ?#?historyinthemaking?, and I’m making it all from my phone.

So, in ?#?wifi? we ?#?mojos? trust. May you all be ?#?blessed? with my?#?socialmediaskills?.

This is Alex, live tweeting from the dorms at ?#?UNT?.

?#?PeaceOut?

We had to write about things we learned at this UNT workshop, and since it was like midnight when I wrote this, I decided to be stupid.