HOT or NOT? | Teen Ink

HOT or NOT?

By Vannesa BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas
Vannesa BRONZE, Cleburne, Texas

When someone says “that’s not in-style anymore” or “that’s so last season”, why is it that people tend to just agree and go with the flow? Who exactly gets to decide what’s HOT and what’s NOT? If one likes something shouldn’t they be able to wear it without having to fear that its not up to date with the latest trend? The person who should be deciding what’s IN and what’s OUT is the person wearing the clothes. So what if someone says that no one wears that style of shirt, shoes, jeans or jacket anymore, because if you like it that’s all that matters. If one loves what they wear then there should be no reason to feel embarrassed or self-conscience in it. People just tend to go with what’s said and never think for themselves, then the people that do think out of the box get made fun of and ridiculed for being different. It shouldn’t matter what other people think about the clothes someone chooses to wear, because the clothes isn’t what makes something beautiful, loved and in-style, it’s the person wearing it.

on Jul. 23 2011 at 5:05 pm
Kelly-In-Wonderland GOLD, Westfield, New Jersey
Whenever someone says "so last season" i'm like "so it was cool, but now it isn't...why?"

on Jul. 17 2011 at 1:50 pm
megsloveslions GOLD, Thomasville, Pennsylvania

Live like there's no tommorow

I totally agree!

on Jul. 11 2011 at 9:20 am
tikapeek97 BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine

"good things come in small packages" =)

This is so true. I like to dress different (not crazy or over the top). I always thought it was more important for people to like you for you and not how you dress.