" The artist is no longer the artist in you" | Teen Ink

" The artist is no longer the artist in you"

March 4, 2010
By Marinaction BRONZE, Lowell, Massachusetts
Marinaction BRONZE, Lowell, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" You know you're in love when reality is better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss


I believe that the media is causing us teens, and younger children to feed into their messages. I now see younger girls walking around with inappropriate clothing because of the music videos she has seen on MTV. A younbg girl should not be influenced by that a such a young age. In our era, everyone watches the new pop music, and they lose their sense of creativity in what they where. They go to the same stores, and try dressing alike because its expensive and everyone else is wearing it, but what happens when you run out of money? You have nothing left, and you can't afford that brand of clothing anymore. Some kids choose to dress in the same brands that their friends do so that they can become more accepted into the group. If you dont wear" Hollister", youre not considered worthy of talking to. I dont believe in this at all. I believe this is chosen over greed. There is no such thing as perfection, and in all of us, we have our own style. Sometimes we can hide from our inner selves because he or she may not like it. We may end up stuck insecure forever, and no one will be there to help us through it. What happens when you cant afford these expensive clothing stores, and you begin wearing walmart clothing? Are your friends going to ditch you, and what if they do, you end up with NOTHING. Therefore, you should never let anyone or anything hold you back from being your inner artist. Living as though you control what you wear, and how you act, is a beautiful way to live. Not caring what others have to say about you, is a relief off your shoulders. So tell me, are you going to go out there, and prove others wrong? Create your own style, and believe me, people WILL compliment you because you are unique.


The author's comments:
I just want everyone to not be afraid to be themselves, to listen to their inner being.