Music for the Mind: How Different Melodies Affect Moods | Teen Ink

Music for the Mind: How Different Melodies Affect Moods

November 9, 2016
By kaix29 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
kaix29 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"the bonds we have with those close to us, keep us connected always" - Aladdin


Music is an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color. Music is a universal language that everyone can appreciate. Music can motivate you, also music can affect our moods, and music helps people throughout their day.  Music is more than sounds, it’s a passion for creating something new and helps connect people to each other in a deeper way than normal communication can.


Music  can affect our moods. Music helped us through the years by keeping us calm, making us fall in love, and helps us be more wise,  “Music’s beneficial effects on mental health have been known for thousands of years. Ancient philosophers from Plato to Confucius and the kings of Israel sang the praises of music and used it to help soothe stress. Military bands use music to build confidence and courage.” For example some  people without music is difficult because it's the only thing that can keep them calm and keep them from bursting into anger.  Music is like medicine that people need to keep them showing their emotions and how music can also change their moods by the different genre of music they listen to.


Music motivates people. Listening to your favorite song can motivate you on doing things you wanted to do but never got to do, “Songs with positive messages, such as ‘Eye of the Tiger’ by Survivor and ‘Stronger’ by Kelly Clarkson are filled with inspirational meanings that can truly uplift your mood. The messages that are embedded in such songs – plus the euphoria that comes with singing these tunes – can motivate you to brush yourself up and try again.” For example when you’re working out, you put on your earbuds and your favorite tune comes on you get hyped and you start to work harder than you usually do. Also When you’re doing chores you listen to music to get motivated and actually do work.


Music helps people throughout their day. There is a saying that “When words leave off, Music begins…” Music is very much essential in day-to-day life. When there are no words to speak at that time music speaks… Music is said to be a universal language… Music is an important part of life. It is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and charm to life. An example can be the happy music in cartoons can usually help people throughout their day cause it gets stuck in their head and it’s a happy tune so they’ll be generally be happy. Also they just listen to their favourite music and that helps them throughout their day.


Music isn't just sounds and lyrics, it’s an important part of our lives because it’s what get us through life and it’s also what make us get to meet new people.  Music  helps connect people to each other in a deeper way than normal communication can. Music is an amazing thing that everyone uses to express their feeling or relate to how they’re feeling. Music is a strong bond that everyone can make with literally anyone.


In conclusion Music is more than sounds, it’s a passion for creating something new and helps connect people to each other in a deeper way than normal communication can. “Music speaks what cannot be expressed soothes the mind and gives it  rest heals the heart and makes it whole flows from heaven to the soul.” music helps everyone in any shape or form. Music is everything and it’s a way of life. Has music ever changed your life? Because I know It changed mines, and probably changed other people's lives too.


The author's comments:

This article speaks or talk about how music can affect your moods and certain feelings that music can make you feel.