Top 10 Rappers - #9 Kid Cudi | Teen Ink

Top 10 Rappers - #9 Kid Cudi

By ImMtnDrew GOLD, Council Bluffs, Iowa
ImMtnDrew GOLD, Council Bluffs, Iowa

"You only control what you can control."

Kid Cudi takes me back to the middle late elementary school days, where I didn't know where I was headed in life and I was always angry about something, usually nothing. But music has been a huge part of my life and Cudi was one of those artists that was always chill to listen to, just his music connects. He's been though alot and he expresses how tough it was, but you always have to be tougher than your obstacles and just have your eyes set on what you want to achieve. He speaks for anyone having a hard time in life. No, his music isn't necessarily appropriate, rather explicit, But it's real and from the heart. That's what draws me to his music, he just expresses how real things can be and that not everything is going to be okay at times, but you as an individual are stronger than you think. Cudi has a lot of party music too, but his more emotional music like Soundtrack to my life and The Prayer are the ones that get to me, in a good way. It's like taking a trip to the past, which I honestly wish I could do. The Prayer was a song of remembrance for one of my brothers best friend/family friend who passed away which was a very difficult time in our lives. Even though I tear up every time I hear it, I see it as a sign of respect considering Kid Cudi helped William out in life also. R.I.P. William David Siegel II.