The Problem with Society | Teen Ink

The Problem with Society

May 28, 2012
By kateknopp BRONZE, Carmel, Indiana
kateknopp BRONZE, Carmel, Indiana
4 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Trade your guns and fire with doves; we fight for love, and peace will find us with harmony." -Christofer Drew

"Sometimes you've gotta fall before you fly."

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde


"We are intent only on our own gain. Tune in and avert your eyes to the blank telescreen. They're watching you sleep; telling you to eat what could be soylent green. Now look away and go back to bed; they will get what they need while we sleep, work, and play; while you consume and obey. Cause we are all born into a controlled mindset. God-money makes a death-threat on ethics... Plugged in, tuned out; we all need to wake up, 'cause we've been detached for too long... Shifting with the public eyes, we have the right to question why. To see through the lies; reset the ties, and look closer." -Set Your Goals

___________________________________

This song is talking about all the problems in society. Society controls everyone and what people do. We really aren't a free country--we're born into a controlled world that we seem to be losing control over. No one notices because they all go with the flow. We live under the control of the government. No one has control over what they do. Almost everyone lives behind a wall that hides us from everything that happens while we go on with our daily lives. And what do we do? We obey. Because it's "the right thing to do", right? NO.

You don't have to fall into the trap where everything you do and say is being monitored and judged. Be who you want to be, not who society tells you to be. YOU are in control of your life and what influences your choices, NOT society, or the government.

Wake UP, people!

Open your eyes! You're being controlled and you have no idea. The voices you hear telling you who to be? It's all in your head--you're plugged in and tuned out. Everyone's stuck in their own world... controlled by society.

Hey, wake up.

That new, expensive style of clothing isn't going to change the person you are. Maybe on the outside, but it doesn't show who you truly are. The latest fashion sense drags you into it's trap, and that trap is society.

You don't have to live up to society's irrational "expectations" just to fit in. Why try to fit in when you're born to stand out? You've been raised, not to fit in necessarily, but to be you. The way you were raised helps determine who you are, and everyone is different. Society and the government are trying to turn you into something you're not every day. You have to resist. Everyone's born into a controlled mindset, but you don't have to live by it you're whole life.

Break free, and think, believe, feel, and say whatever you feel is right for you.

Stop hiding behind that mask, and show the world who you truly are. Shake society off, and be yourself.


The author's comments:
Inspired by the song: "Look Closer" by Set Your Goals