The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight | Teen Ink

The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight

By MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other
MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other

Many say that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is just a copy of ‘Twilight’. Honestly, I ask how it could be; yes the story includes very good looking vampires and an awkward seventeen year old girl. Really? Is that the only thing you can find in common? Because I find very little similarities. And dislike me if you may but honestly I prefer ‘the Vampire Diaries’ because it is more realistic.
Now you may ask me: Realistic, it is about vampires? Look at Bella from ‘Twilight’, yes, she is beautiful but she is…dumb. Let me say, “I am a vampire,” she says “I am not afraid”. Really? I am not afraid of you even though you can kill me within seconds, no matter how much you try not to you cannot stop? Whereas, Elena in ‘the Vampire Diaries’ reacts with much more fear and reality. Avoiding Stefan, she will understand she is safe, she is not being stupid.
‘The Vampire Diaries’ is a decent show, I personally am ashamed of watching it because I thought it was dumb before I even saw it on television. But then I watched it and it is like…drawing. There is history that is intelligent, the actors are attractive and the acting is, well may not be the best but it is still better than ‘Twilight’. The story line in this TV show is more than just a love story between a human and vampire, it is passion and true, yet there is more. There are problems and there is history, there is not just the creepy ‘love’ that Edward shows Bella.
For a conclusion I believe that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is an above average TV show, with gorgeous actors and a storyline that is worth your while.
But again, that is just my opinion.

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

there*     

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

Thankyou someone who beileves tehre not exactly the same , so many differeces. Would chose Vampire Diaries over Twilight any day.

Delanafan4ever BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Never give in, Never back down

theres a lot of differencews, elena's not dumb, druggie brother, witches, actual killing, evil brother, ect.

on Nov. 30 2010 at 11:00 am
dramaticgirl16 GOLD, New Gloucester, ME, Maine

You know that you are in love when the hardest thing to do is say good-bye!!

I like both "Twilight" and "The Vampire Diaries".

juggalo said...
the tv show vampire diaries first episode, where Elena and Stephen  meet in the school and all that was so simular to twighilt imo

AlexisB SILVER said...
on Jul. 15 2010 at 10:50 am
AlexisB SILVER, Milner, Georgia

A synonym is a word you use when you can\\\'t spell the other one.

You should read the Vampire Diaries series. You will notice that that series was begun about 10 years before the first Twilight novel. This is significant because so many elements of the series are very similar, though Vampire Diaries is much better developed. (In my opinion.)

MayDay SILVER said...
MayDay SILVER, Bloomington, Indiana

I don't jugde if you don't jugde.

YES! Some one finally understands that Bella is an idiot! I have not  read The Vampire Diaries, but I have heard from my cousin that they are really good.

Ashleigh909 GOLD, Buford, Georgia

"The night is the darkest just before the dawn."

Yeah. And the only reason they are saying it is because they heard someone else say it, who heard someone else say it, who read someone else online say it. I dont mean this in a bad way, i'm just saying, half those people have probably never read the books, seen the show or can tell you why exactly it is copying twilight (or why they think it is) besides the fact that it includes vampies.

Ashleigh909 GOLD, Buford, Georgia

Oh my LORD! I am so HAPPY that im not the only one that thinks Edward sucks! I mean Stefan is protective, but... not as almost evilly creepy as Edward. Also, in TVD, the love triangle, the very slight one that there is, is between two vampire brothers and this human... well i guess in the first book shes human. its not tilll the end of the second that she becomes a vamp... and then she dies and becomes this spirit thing and then she comes back and forgets how to talk and everything and now shes human again. with power... also, the werewolves in this story? NOT FURRY AND CUDDLY! He actually tried to assault Elena that night... wait, sorry. That doesn't matter. And Damon is just this guy that... doesn't ever really know whats going on, i guess. And he's evil. i think... OH and the only reason they were even DRAWN to her was because she looked exaclty like KAtherine, the vampire that turned them in the Itallian Rennissaince

Mariah S. said...
on Mar. 6 2010 at 10:51 am
No need to be sorry, i expressed my opinion, others should feel free to express theirs too!

amazingkp. BRONZE, Lemars, Iowa
Me personally...i hate them both. I don't know i am not into the whole creepy vampire and werwolf stuff. Sorry.

MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other
Ha ha. I have never had so many people to agree with me! This is epic. Right crowd to talk to here.

Dade101 said...
Thing is, The ACTUAL vampire diaries came out before twilight. The tv series is different from the book but both are better than Twilight.

Twilight is like the little girl's fantacy of what would happen if all these things were real, the dark parts being her nightmares. THe Vampire diaries, while not being fully realistic is comprible to the minds of its teenage counterparts.

Mariah S. said...
Yes, I understand that. I forgot to point that out. Now it is irritating because there are about one thousand books coming out about two teens falling in love and one is a vampire! It is really irritating.

And no offense to any Twilight fans--not saying I am not--but i don't find that there is purpose behind her story. It is merely a love story told in four books. I do say, though that Stephenie Meyer proves herself to be well literate, which to me makes her books interesting. But the storyline was not there.

Don't get made Twilight fans.

Chocolatelover22 SILVER, Henderson, Nevada

"My mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'"

-Forrest Gump

kristinas-writtings was right. The Vampire Diaries books were published in the earlier 90's there is no way the author, L.J. Smith, of the Vampire Diaries could have stolen bits from Twilight. I personally love both, but Vampire Diaries is getting the best of me.

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

i know what you mean Mariah S. Everyone at my school is like "oh they're copying twilight" but really they're not. good opinion

on Dec. 26 2009 at 10:24 am
kristina-marie SILVER, Olla, Louisiana

"Fool, said my muse to me, look in thy heart and write." (Loving in Truth) written by: Sir Phillip Stanley 1554-1586

i would like to point out that Vampire Diaries was originally a book series and was written well before Twilight ever was. Proof of this is the fact that Vampire Diaries has been republished 3 times where as Twilight has never been republished. there are 6 books curently available of the Vampire Diaries and another is on its way. I love both series both in books and on t.v. if you haven't already you should go check out the books.

I so agree with you!!!! but new moon definitely stepped it up a notch and is alottt better cause Jacob is all muscly