Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift | Teen Ink

Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift

By LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

Live. Laugh. Love. Fight. Flight. Get it right.<3

Well, I'm just curious. Mostly everyone has heard about what happened during the MTV awards (Kanye's interruption when Taylor was recieving the award). I was thinking...do YOU think he was justified in interrupting that way? Because, if you think about it, he does have a point. Sort of. Taylor Swift (a..well..her music is OK) vs. Beyonce (a music LEGEND) for the award. Besides, Beyonce's music vid WAS great. What do you think?

Curiosity is not a sin. lol

on Nov. 3 2010 at 1:45 pm
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

NO WAY Kanye didnt have to say that on the MTV awards!! He ruined Taylor's big moment!!! UNJUSTIFIED!!

on the other hand, that is SO old news. Even Taylor thinks so, forgiving West with her song 'innocent' (performed at the 2010 MTV awards)

on Oct. 29 2010 at 9:07 pm
bricheese23 SILVER, Tucson, Arizona

"Live like your at the bottom, even if your a the top" - Nick Jonas

Honestly, how would you feel if you won an award and someone just interrupted you? This was not a popularity contest, this was an award given to best video! Taylor Swift had a great video and all Beyonce did was dance in a leotard...whoopi! Taylor desevered this award! :)

WiseChild GOLD said...
on Oct. 28 2010 at 5:15 am
WiseChild GOLD, Kampala, North Carolina

i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Maybe he was right, but he had no right to say that, if anyone should have spoekn, it would ave been Beyonce herself. what he did was incredibly childish.

love09 said...
on Oct. 15 2010 at 2:30 pm
I believe that I cannot pick a side, because I love some of taylor swifts songs but i love beyonce's songs. but i think it was horrible that kanye west did that, if the give won an awardlet her win it, beyonce could win anyother award hands down anyother award.

qwerty said...
on Oct. 15 2010 at 2:29 pm
The whole Taylor Swift and kanye West situation, I think was totally unnessecary it was so uncalled for and Taylor didn't deserve that at all. It was her time to shine because she earned it and he ruined her spot light for her. :|

on Oct. 15 2010 at 2:24 pm
The are both great singers but i don't think Kanye should have got up on stage like that. It is fine to have the opinion Kanye said, but he should have said that afterwards and shouldn't have got up on stage while she was getting the award and say what he said to her.

rose said...
on Oct. 15 2010 at 2:21 pm
i think kanye should of not done that but then again he's speaking from his mind but then it was Taylors first award for best video. because would you want anyone to interrup you when something you been waiting for and have it been destroy and ruin your time to shine

on Sep. 7 2010 at 7:58 pm
blondegrl1211 BRONZE, Boerne, Texas

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."
~Albert Einstein

I think that Kanye had every right to do that. Freedom of speech right? Besides Beyonce should have won, she honestly deserved it. &So true about the whole taylor swift (o.k. music) Beyonce (Music legend) Everyone knows that. Haha &I thought what Kanye did was pretty funny. I mean....did you see Taylor's face?!?!

on Aug. 29 2010 at 5:00 pm
PearlWhiteNight BRONZE, No, Pennsylvania

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain

I like both taylor and betonce and they both deserved the award. If Kanye was drunk, then it kind of excuses his actions. If he wasn't, I wouldn't have done it, but if he thought it was the right thing to do, I'm okay with it. It was mean, i guess, but i don't really have that stronf if an opinion about it. I still love Taylore, Beyonce, and Kanye

on Aug. 24 2010 at 8:13 pm
rundontwalk SILVER, Perth, Other

"Go within and scale the depths of your being from which your very life springs forth."

-Rainer Maria Rilke

It doesnt matter who should have won, what matters is that Kanye was being completely rude when he disrupted Taylor Swifts speech. It is no one elses fault but his.

on Aug. 7 2010 at 2:20 am
FantasyWriter17, Rialto, California

TO THE WORLD U MAY BE ONE PERSON BUT TO ONE PERSON U MAY BE THE WORLD!:)

i love kanye and he was right abt wat he said to taylor...beyonce should of got that award

heroesfan1 said...
on Jul. 27 2010 at 9:52 pm
heroesfan1, Hanford, California

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

on Jul. 18 2010 at 8:49 pm
AlyceMcKnight BRONZE, Rochester, Washington

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

Both Taylor and Beyonce are great. What happened was between Taylor and Konye. Later when Beyonce won an award she let Taylor finish her speech and have her moment. But besides that fact what Konye did was wrong.

on Jul. 15 2010 at 6:02 pm
sweethearrrt GOLD, Portland, Oregon

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

i love beyonce! and taylor swift!! but really, what happened wasnt between them, it was just about Kante, who admitted to being drunk when the incedent occured. i lost all of my respect for him.

on Jul. 13 2010 at 9:19 pm
Spanky12 BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
SRKFanatic15 said something about him being a genius because we are all talking about it still. Well guess what? Most of us are talking about what scum he is for doing it. And believe or not, he has lost a lot of fans for this event he pulled. So is he actually a genius for doing it? Maybe, in a way to get notice but the negitive impacted him more then anything. He has country music artist about to kick his ass and he lost a lot of fans.

LilaW PLATINUM said...
on Jul. 12 2010 at 5:51 pm
LilaW PLATINUM, Brampton, ON, Other

This article has gotten a lot of buzz.

I wanna thank everyone for that :) you all have some really interesting opinions regarding this topic!

on Jul. 12 2010 at 1:29 pm
jbutterfly10 GOLD, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

There is a time for everything under the sun:~

But, it was not Beyonce's fault. I thought that what she did was classy and I still like her as a musician. In fact, I have more respect for her then before.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 1:27 pm

Ride on, Spanky. Ride on;}

on Jul. 12 2010 at 1:23 pm

No offense, but Miley Cyrus is turning out ot be a Britney. Her voice is DISGUSTING and she sings pop when she has a country voice (not that that would make it any better) and what's with the techno? I liked her better when she sang things like the Climb and Just A Girl. I don't like Taylor's voice that much (it's ok) but she can sure write a song.

on Jul. 12 2010 at 1:19 pm

I agree that Beyonce should've gotten the award, but all the same, it was Taylor's moment and nobody else's. And the fact that Kanye was drunk just makes it worse. Seriously? But, I liked the article. It was a good idea, LilaW.