Movie Review | Teen Ink

Movie Review

By Alanday2 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Alanday2 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

My review is going to be on Hocus Pocus 2. 

I decided to watch it because the trailer showed good scenes of the movie. I also feel like if you like witchcraft then you will like this movie. Even if you don’t like witchcraft, you should still watch it because it’s an amazing movie and has some of the best actors in it.  I liked the same actresses because they were amazing in the first one. They were so amazing in the second movie I’d say they did better in this one.

In the start of the movie two friends meet at school. Their names are Becca and Izzy. Izzy says happy birthday to Becca and gives her a hug. They talk about birthday plans and stuff. Their old friend Cassie came over by them, while they were putting their bikes away and wished Becca a happy birthday. After school they go to a witchcraft store where they know the owner very well. His name was Gilbert and he made her a black flame candle. She didn't know it was a black flame candle. A black flame candle is a candle that brings back witches. After Becca lit the black flame candle the three Sanderson sisters came back. Then the dirt started to crack open. The Sanderson sisters started singing so Becca and Izzy ran. 

The expectations of the movie were that I thought that the three Sanderson sisters were just coming back for revenge. I also thought that the Sanderson sisters would kill people at the hut they died at. Another expectation of mine was that the sisters would stay and not die but they did. 

What I didn't like was how they thought that this person was the one who tried to take Winifred's sisters in the beginning of the movie. I also didn't like that the sisters put everyone under a spell.

This piece is about witchcraft