"Thank You" by Meghan Trainor | Teen Ink

"Thank You" by Meghan Trainor

By ariel_m07 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
ariel_m07 SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Who is a positive and good singer? Meghan Trainor! The definition of a ‘good singer’ may be different from person to person. That might mean rap, pop, hip-hop, rock, or any other genre of music. The majority of her music is a mix of pop, R&B, and doo-wop. The album “Thank You” by Meghan Trainor is one of her most popular albums, being filled with pop songs and R&B ones. Including songs like “NO”, “Me Too”, and “Just a friend to you”.  The song “NO” is about boys not understanding girls saying no. “Me Too” is a girl being very body and mind positive and singing about how she’d wanna be her if she wasn't herself. “Just a friend to you” is her being in love with her friend but her friend seeing her as ‘just a friend’. “I’ve loved you from the start so it breaks my heart, why do you say I'm just a friend to you” are just some lyrics from the song. All her songs are mainly happy, positive songs helping other girls feel better about themselves which is a good thing and another thing I like about her music. Other songs involve her own thoughts and feelings about her own life. Such as “Champagne Problems”, “Watch me do”, and “Hopeless romantic”.

All of her songs are very well made and heartfelt. She puts time and effort into making her music, they all have meanings and so that is the reason why they’re heartfelt and well made. Many people all over the world would agree with many other people who like her music. As many may love her music, not all people may love them that much. Some people will not like her music, people have different opinions so one person may think it's good while the other may think it's bad.“Watch me do” is the most popular song in the “Thank You” album.  Lyrics from the song “Singing, hey, hey, hey!” a very hyper song that anyone could dance to. Fluenty singing, high voiced, and mainly just her. Many younger girls look up to Meghan Trainor as a role model. Many young girls wanna either be like her as a singer or look and act like her with her clothes and makeup. Some songs only older kids or even adults will know the meanings of the songs. Many kids at the age of eleven and up may end up having her as their favorite music artist. 

Meghan Trainor is a very famous singer and songwriter. She makes the majority of her songs child friendly and good for all ages. Some songs of this album are sad, happy, and about relationships. This album is a mix of her emotions in an album for people to listen to and interpret in their own important way. The sad songs could mean so much to someone but so little to another. Happy songs could mean very much to someone and cheer them up from a sad thing that just happened the other day to them or a person couldn't even be fazed from a happy song and it couldn't change their mood at all. The relationship and/or breakup songs could affect some people but could also not. It tends to depend on the person and what affects them or not.

Writing albums for the public is quite difficult as it takes much time to produce many songs for the album, so you must see that Meghan Trainor has worked very hard to get to where she is today. Albums such as “Bad for me”, “Takin it back”, and “Only 17” are just more of Meghan’s great albums. These albums are from 2011 all the way to now in 2022, probably more in the mix of older and younger albums. Going on tours, talk shows, and TV shows, Meghan Trainor is a very intriguing woman and a very good role model. Minus the fact she’s a good person on screen her music makes you feel good too! All her songs in the album “Thank You” are wonderful. Being able to sing and produce many people's favorite type of music should be amazing to someone, however it can get stressful and may need a break every so often. 

Meghan Trainor and her albums are well done with the right songs in the right album. “Thank You” is one of the many that people love. Some people hate her music, some love it and could listen to it for weeks on end. She makes music because they make her feel good and that's the main thing that matters. Recommending her music is a love-hate relationship for some people. Some would love to recommend music to others but some are scared people won't like their taste of music. I, the writer of this, however recommend this because she sings very well and some songs are nice and I feel people would like this. “Thank You” has three of my favorite songs by Meghan, and I recommend listening to them. They’re great songs and the album is very nice to listen to when bored or when cleaning.