I Have Loved | Teen Ink

I Have Loved

I have loved, blindly and quiet. I have loved loud and vibrant. And I am only four less than twenty and I am bold. I am bold because I am trying to be the best I can be. No matter who has thrown me down to the curb. No matter who has destroyed me, I will pick up my own pieces and put me back together again. Because I am not 'just another girl', nor have I ever been. And I don't need someone to differ with me on this. Because I am who I am because I have loved, and I have lived, and I have tried. And I try each day to be better than my last. By myself for myself. And I don't need any boy or girl to bring me down because they themselves are insecure. I have loved so full that it could change someone in a heartbeat. However, lately, I have grown cold. I have grown cold because of all these broken pieces I cannot mend together as I once have. I have loved, though, to no end, no departure, no puppet on a string. I have loved and that will always be enough...

I was inspired to write this due to my past experiences regarding an ex boyfriend... I struggle each day to get the past to stay in the past... I hope this helps someone.