Love Is a Lazerquest | Teen Ink

Love Is a Lazerquest

May 18, 2016
By IndigoWaltz PLATINUM, Newport Beach, California
IndigoWaltz PLATINUM, Newport Beach, California
48 articles 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A witty quote proves nothing"
-Voltaire


Love is a lazerquest. It is a bittersweet odyssey full of unknown evils and marvelous prizes. It's  frustratingly beautiful, and debatably worth your time. Love makes you cry more than laugh, it makes you want to want to go insane, and yet when you are in love none of that matters. I say love is a lazerquest because love is a fantastic distraction. Love is the most popular game in the cheap arcade that is life. It's entirely based on sentimentalism and yet its surprisingly appealing.


Love is a temporary diversion to forget the loneliness. You love people who don't love you back. You love people and then they die. Love is mercilessly cruel, and unfathomably needed. When you love someone it's usually after you realize what you've lost. You fall in love, you get married, you get divorced, and you fight each other the entire way through. Still, even with the fighting and the tears, we learn to love again. If it ends in a funeral, or if it ends in flames, at least we loved.


Love isn't long lasting. It's an excruciating atrophy that starts on cloud nine and ends just beneath an unmarked tombstone. People live for love, and people die for love. People try their hardest to avoid love, but you can't escape its siren song. Love is the murder of your innocence, its the epitome of pain. Love is a lazerquest, an adventure of a lifetime ending in fire, but it's worth every tear.