Love Your Parents | Teen Ink

Love Your Parents

April 25, 2016
By Anonymous

Parents are a strange breed of people.  They are the kind of people that would do anything to see you happy.  Whether it be making funny faces until you crack a smile after a bad day, or maybe it is means bringing home your favorite ice cream after any kind of activity.  Parents are the type of people who love and care about you more than anyone else could, and we, the children, try to reciprocate that love back to them the best that we can.  This is a letter to the strong, smart, loving, caring, and happy people who I have to call my parents.


There is an abundance of help that I have to thank you for.  Thank you for introducing me and my siblings to sports.  Adding on to that, thank you for keeping me interested in sports and for driving me to every practice and game.  I can’t thank you enough for this because, if it wasn’t for sports I don’t know what I would be doing with my life.  In addition to exposing me to sports, thank you for being my number one fan no matter how bad I was doing or if we lost.  You are always in the stands, right next to the field, or right up against the glass cheering me on.  Thank you for your support.  


I would like to thank you for all of the precautions that you have emphasized. You made me into the person that I am today.  By no means am I perfected, but according to my standards and your standards, you’re the closest creature to it.  You’re the best role models that I could’ve asked for, whether you agree with it or not. 


Like I have explained before, there are so many ideas and emotions to thank you for.  Another roadblock that you have helped me with is getting through emotional times.  Thank you for always putting up with my attitude and for trying your hardest to understand the stress that comes with school and all of the other activities that I’m involved with.  Thank you for not taking anything I say to heart, because if I say it when I’m emotional I more than likely don’t mean it and you understand that. 


In addition to getting me through emotional times, thank you for making me food before or after games or practices.  I legitimately wouldn’t be able to withstand a single day without food.  Thank you for tolerating the times when I whine and groan about how I’m hungry and there isn’t any food in the house.  In relation to that, thank you for always finding a great dish to make every night despite what we have and don’t have. 
For years you have cared for me, loved me, and kept interest in the activities I do and love.  You have always supported what I was doing.  You are always the first people to hear about friends or girlfriends, homework or projects, and everything in between.  I cannot thank the both of you enough for everything that you have done and everything I know you will help out with in the future.  Thank you so much.


With love, from your son,
    Chase