Age Isn't but a Number... | Teen Ink

Age Isn't but a Number...

By Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California
Pow-Pow GOLD, Hemet, California

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

Age does matter. It does matter in a relationship. Love knows no age, but age knows love. 16 And pregnant is not the way to go. Being pregnant is not a good thing at a young age. It makes you turn yourself not only into an adult, but a parent immidiately. No 16 year old is ready to take on that responsibillity. Once youre prego, you're stuck at home with a aching back, actually to be more accurate everything is aching. You can no longer go out with friends. You are also stuck with that man forever, he will always be tied to you. It is not worth it! Use my saying " no ringy, no dingy". Meaning dont do the dirty deed untill you are maried, save that gift for the man you marry it will be a lot more special, i promise. Learn from others mistakes and save yourself a lot of trouble. 

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I love the message in it. You're a wonderful writer. :) Thank you so much, for sharing this. 

HayleyF SILVER said...
HayleyF SILVER, Duingal, Other
You asked for feedback in the forums, so I'll go through and give you feedback on some of your submissions :)

For this piece, I strongly recommend that you use some factual evidence to support your arguments. Saying "No 16 year old is ready to take on that responsibility" is all well and good,  however can be seen as pure opinion unless you have some facts to support it. Why not log onto a bureau of statistics to get some data? It could really enhance this piece of text. Also, using formal language - as opposed to using the word 'prego' - will really improve this text and provoke people to take it seriously.
If you want this to be a persuasive text, use words with high modality and use a call to action (which I suppose you have done at the end with the marriage call).
High modality words are those like must, definitely, imperative, necessary.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful!