Romeo and Juliet | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet

By AlyssaChrest BRONZE, St.Helens, Oregon
AlyssaChrest BRONZE, St.Helens, Oregon

I think the death of Romeo and Juliet was caused by several different factors. First family members because Lord and Lady Capulet were pushing Juliet to marry someone she did want too. There was miscommunication between Romeo and the Friar. Also, the family feud of the Montague’s and Capulet’s played a significant role on causing stress on Romeo and Juliet’s relationship.

First, Lord Capulet told Juliet if she didn’t marry Paris, he was going to put her on the street and disown her as his daughter. Juliet felt she had no other choice so she decided to “die” so she could be with Romeo. Her plan was not really to kill herself but only look like she did. When Romeo heard that she “dead”, he took a poison to end his own life. As Romeo was dying, Juliet woke up only to see Romeo die. Out of a broken heart she took her own life for real.

Second, if the Friar would have made sure Romeo got Juliet’s letter letting him know of her plan to fake her death, they would have avoided a huge miscommunication. When Romeo thought Juliet was dead he took a poison to be with her in death, not knowing she was really a live. Her plan was not really to kill herself but only look like she did. When Romeo heard that she “dead”, he took a poison to end his own life. As Romeo was dying, Juliet woke up only to see Romeo die. Out of a broken heart she took her own life for real.

Lastly, if Romeo wasn’t a Montague circumstances would have been different. Juliet says “O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.” Romeo and Juliet would have been able to be together without hiding their love for each other.

All in all, that Romeo’s death was caused by Juliet and Juliet’s was caused by Romeo. I believe all these factors had a strong influence on Romeo and Juliet’s death, I think the one that had the strongest influence was the feuded between Montague’s and Capulet’s.

This paper was for my LA class. I had to write a essay on my opinion on who caused Romeo and Juliet to kill them selves to be together. If anyone who has read Romeo and Juliet, you my agree with me or you my disagree. But it your opinion.