Advice From An Optimist | Teen Ink

Advice From An Optimist

May 31, 2014
By Warley GOLD, LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
Warley GOLD, LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
11 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't be afraid to show the world who you really are.


The tears never stop falling as you realize that he doesn't want you. Instead he wants her. The girl of who you wish to be. The girl with the grassy green eyes and the most palest skin in the world. Sometimes you find yourself questioning why doesn't he want you? Or why he refuses to accept your feelings. He considers the friend zone while you expect to be more. He plays with your emotions and whispers he loves you. When all he really wants is the girl that isn't you. the perfect girl you want to be. The girl who pretends to be something she's not just to meet his expectations. But you, the girl he doesn't want, has already passed that stage of being something you're not. You are already good at being yourself. He can't stand the fact that you have become so much more than what you used to be. So he decides to run after the girls who haven't reached your level. The girls who aren't smart enough to realize that they are so much more than what they think they are. He is ashamed that he could never reach your standards because of how high you carry yourself. So don't let this unrequited love leave a mark in your life. For good comes to those who wait.


The author's comments:
I decided to write this piece because of all the rejections and fake emotions that I have received from different boys during my middle school life. An I decided to write this to let my feelings out. The words written in this piece may be the reason why the boys never fell for me.